Prep Time|20 minutes
Cooking Time|2 hours 30 minutes
- 1 Chicken, skin removed, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 Onions, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves of garlic, chopped
- 5 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Teaspoons ginger
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric or cumin
- ? Teaspoon saffron
- 2 Tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Handful of black olives
- 1 Lemon confit, quartered
- Salt & Pepper
- In a pot, heat oil and cook onions until they are translucent.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, ginger, turmeric, saffron and garlic. Mix well. Add 2 cups of water and cook on low heat for an hour.
- Remove chicken and place them in oven. Cook at 200C for 15 minutes.
- Add coriander, parsley, olives and lemon in the sauce. Simmer gently for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on a serving platter. Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Serve with rice or couscous.